From Ashley/Tinkerbell
There are so many people that have impacted my life in the 7 years I spent as staff at Kawkawa, campers and staff...
I will always remember being Fraggle’s junior counselor; being so amazed by her patience and grace (such a hard week but I learned SOOO much- that story at campfire has become a legend in itself!
Piglet- the "ultimate counselor"- you are amazing and always gave your all; spending tons of time and money decorating your cabin, having parties for your girls and loving them
My fellow His Teamers of 1999 and 2000: it was awesome to learn and grow with you- and even though I don't talk to lots of you now I will always remember you and what each of you contributed to camp- fun times with Shenzi. :-)
I will never forget my super hardcores, my 3-O-Tree (pee) girls, my awesome cabins with Jem, Goldie, Meche, Eggo and Ginger and especially my very last cabin of sr. teens in 2003- you girls are amazing!!
Jem- I'll never forget our cabin of 2002- fighting over us all week / driving us crazy and then us getting to lead several of them to Christ at the end of the week- God is so cool
My babies... (HIS team 2004/ LITs of 2005)- I love you guys so much! It was such a privilege to be your 'mommy' and to get to know each of you; to see you grow in knowledge of Christ and love for Him and to see the changes in you reflected in your awesome relationships with campers- I always pray that God will use you as the incredible leaders you are to shake up the world around you. Always remember the most important thing is who you are in Christ!
Roads- the first ever male LIT leader! you are an amazing man of God- it was a pleasure to get to work with you and learn from you-Thanks for your unending patience
Murf/Nova-so fun to be roommates with you girls! I loved getting to talk, pray and grow with you -thanks for your support and friendship
Goldi- Such a patient, good natured girl- I appreciate you so much and all your support and feedback- I think God knew I needed a friend like you, especially this last summer
Jesse/Crash- you are so hilarious!! It was so fun to work with you the last couple years- I so appreciated your calm outlook on things and your sense of humor. :-)
Pele- I love you!- best lifeguard ever (along with Tetra ;-) you were always so much fun and a great example to those around you
Tetra: I am so thankful for our experiences at camp together without which we would not have the awesome friendship we have now. :-)
Jabberwocky- thank you for all your encouragement and wisdom. You are an amazing godly man and I always loved working with you and being in your Bible studies
Link- It was such an honor to work under you my first 6 summers. You’re love and dedication for the camp was inspiring. You never ceased to amaze me with your ever- abundant grace in every situation. Thanks for being such an amazing example.
Jugs-it has been such a pleasure to work with someone as dedicated to Kawkawa as you- you have made it such a fun journey and are part of so many ‘legendary’ stories
There are so many other amazing people that were so much a part of Kawkawa but since this thing is becoming ridiculously long I will just name a couple ... Bird, Chunk, Slater, Picasso, Panache, Dixie, Shaky, Grizzly, Dexter, Prowl, Mr. Potts, Guzzle, Giggles and many of the counselors and volunteers that gave up their summers- May God bless each of you and thank you for the memories you have been a part of...
I will always remember being Fraggle’s junior counselor; being so amazed by her patience and grace (such a hard week but I learned SOOO much- that story at campfire has become a legend in itself!
Piglet- the "ultimate counselor"- you are amazing and always gave your all; spending tons of time and money decorating your cabin, having parties for your girls and loving them
My fellow His Teamers of 1999 and 2000: it was awesome to learn and grow with you- and even though I don't talk to lots of you now I will always remember you and what each of you contributed to camp- fun times with Shenzi. :-)
I will never forget my super hardcores, my 3-O-Tree (pee) girls, my awesome cabins with Jem, Goldie, Meche, Eggo and Ginger and especially my very last cabin of sr. teens in 2003- you girls are amazing!!
Jem- I'll never forget our cabin of 2002- fighting over us all week / driving us crazy and then us getting to lead several of them to Christ at the end of the week- God is so cool
My babies... (HIS team 2004/ LITs of 2005)- I love you guys so much! It was such a privilege to be your 'mommy' and to get to know each of you; to see you grow in knowledge of Christ and love for Him and to see the changes in you reflected in your awesome relationships with campers- I always pray that God will use you as the incredible leaders you are to shake up the world around you. Always remember the most important thing is who you are in Christ!
Roads- the first ever male LIT leader! you are an amazing man of God- it was a pleasure to get to work with you and learn from you-Thanks for your unending patience
Murf/Nova-so fun to be roommates with you girls! I loved getting to talk, pray and grow with you -thanks for your support and friendship
Goldi- Such a patient, good natured girl- I appreciate you so much and all your support and feedback- I think God knew I needed a friend like you, especially this last summer
Jesse/Crash- you are so hilarious!! It was so fun to work with you the last couple years- I so appreciated your calm outlook on things and your sense of humor. :-)
Pele- I love you!- best lifeguard ever (along with Tetra ;-) you were always so much fun and a great example to those around you
Tetra: I am so thankful for our experiences at camp together without which we would not have the awesome friendship we have now. :-)
Jabberwocky- thank you for all your encouragement and wisdom. You are an amazing godly man and I always loved working with you and being in your Bible studies
Link- It was such an honor to work under you my first 6 summers. You’re love and dedication for the camp was inspiring. You never ceased to amaze me with your ever- abundant grace in every situation. Thanks for being such an amazing example.
Jugs-it has been such a pleasure to work with someone as dedicated to Kawkawa as you- you have made it such a fun journey and are part of so many ‘legendary’ stories
There are so many other amazing people that were so much a part of Kawkawa but since this thing is becoming ridiculously long I will just name a couple ... Bird, Chunk, Slater, Picasso, Panache, Dixie, Shaky, Grizzly, Dexter, Prowl, Mr. Potts, Guzzle, Giggles and many of the counselors and volunteers that gave up their summers- May God bless each of you and thank you for the memories you have been a part of...





<< Home